About Andrew N. Hamm
Andrew Hamm closes the real estate deals his clients need to grow their business. Andrew has handled transactions around the country, and he understands how important it is to identify his clients' critical goals and shape each transaction to meet those goals.
Real estate transactions for business growth
Andrew represents owners, developers, institutional lenders, REITs, private equity firms, equity capital providers, sponsors and other clients across a broad range of real estate asset classes, including office, multifamily, industrial, retail, mixed-use, hotel and student housing. He advises clients in financings, joint venture formation, ground leases, acquisitions, dispositions and development matters, regularly representing real estate developers in the preparation and negotiation of construction, design and development agreements for projects across the country.
Andrew also provides pro bono representation to community and nonprofit organizations. Previously, Andrew served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Joan B. Gottschall, US District Court, Northern District of Illinois.
- Real estate financing
- Joint venture work
- Acquisition and disposition of real estate
- Construction, design and development agreements
- Ground leases
- Represent real estate investment trust in sale of improvements and ground lease of land pertaining to a 40-story office tower in Detroit.
- Represent real estate investment trust in the sale, leaseback, financing, development, subleasing and operation of an oceanfront amphitheater, park and landmark restaurant in New York.
- Represent real estate investment trust in formation of joint venture in connection with acquisition and development of a multi-phased 1900-unit continuing care retirement community spread over 100 acres in Salt Lake City.
- Represent real estate investment trust in multi-project redevelopment of oceanfront neighborhood, including design and construction of a boutique hotel in a repurposed building, a live entertainment venue and a landmark mixed-use hotel, and a residential condominium and retail building in Asbury Park, New Jersey.
- Represent real estate investment trust in making a series of construction loans to borrowers developing single-family rental home neighborhoods in the Southwestern United States.
- Represent private equity firm in series of sales of newly constructed luxury apartment buildings throughout the United States, including Chicago, Los Angeles, Nashville, Atlanta and Boston.
- Represent real estate investment trust in mortgage and mezzanine loan refinance of a recently completed multi-use tower in Chicago.
- Represent closely held developer in acquisition and development of a series of mid-rise luxury apartment buildings in Chicago.
- Represent private equity firm in negotiation of tenant improvement work letter for ground lease in complex multi-use development in Boston.
- Represent privately held real estate firm in the sale of a boutique office building in Chicago.
- Represent institutional lender in $85 million construction loan for the ground-up construction of a dual-branded hotel in Denver.
- Represent institutional lender in loan for the ground-up construction of a 159-room boutique hotel in Chicago.
- Represent institutional lender in series of loans for ground-up construction of industrial buildings throughout the United States, including Illinois, Virginia and California.
- Represent private equity firm in ground-up construction of student housing facility in the Midwest.
- Represent institutional lender in $110 million mortgage financing of a large office building in Chicago.
- Represent life insurance company in loan secured by portfolio of parking garages in the Midwest.
- Represent privately held real estate firm in acquisition and ultimate disposition of a $375 million office tower supporting a hotel built on an air-rights ground lease in Chicago.
- Represent privately held food-related technology company in acquisition and development of new headquarters office and laboratory facility in suburban Chicago.
- Represent investment, development and management firm in the acquisition of a $500 million Class A office building in Boston.
- Represent preferred equity investor in redemption of its $60 million investment in a portfolio of apartment properties in Atlanta.
July 8, 2016