About Andrew G. Klevorn
Andy Klevorn is a trial lawyer who helps leading companies address, manage and resolve difficult legal matters, with a particular focus on issues arising out of class actions and antitrust/competition laws. His wide-ranging experience in the antitrust area includes defense and prosecution of claims pertaining to price-fixing, bid-rigging, monopolization, group boycotts, price discrimination and the abuse of intellectual property. He regularly counsels clients with respect to the antitrust aspects of mergers and acquisitions. Andy also brings his skills to bear on complex commercial litigation, including consumer class actions, product liability and employment class actions.
Defending companies in high-stakes antitrust matters
Accusations of price-fixing, monopolization and other violations of US antitrust law pose serious business risks to companies accused of such conduct, regardless of their industry. Andy has spent over 25 years helping clients fight such accusations before federal courts and government regulators. He has successfully defended companies at all stages of civil and criminal proceedings, including grand jury investigations and trials.
Andy has helped some of the world's leading companies defend themselves in antitrust matters. For instance, he successfully represented a leading consumer products company against claims that it monopolized a key consumer product through the anticompetitive assertion of intellectual property. His experience in defense of antitrust class actions is deep — across a variety of industries, including fertilizers, petroleum products, building materials, consumer products and industrial gases, he has defended or prosecuted claims arising under the antitrust laws, such as price-fixing and monopolization.
Andy also represents clients in consumer class actions and other high-stakes commercial litigation. As an example, he has represented one of the nation's leading retailer in a variety of class action matters concerning employment and labor issues. Likewise, he represented a medical device maker in connection with dozens of product liability claims arising out of injuries supposedly caused by the device. Whatever the matter, Andy aligns the client's business goals with his legal strategy, working efficiently and effectively to obtain an outstanding solution.
- Civil and criminal antitrust matters
- Class actions
- Complex commercial litigation
- Antitrust clearance of mergers and acquisitions
- Represent paper products manufacturer in its acquisition of a peer.
- Defended one of the nation's largest printers against preliminary injunction proceeding and subsequent administrative action brought by the Federal Trade Commission seeking to enjoin the acquisition of its leading competitor. This matter represents one of the few transactions in which the FTC lost both the preliminary injunction and administrative litigation that sought to bar a proposed merger.
- Defended world-leading supplier of cement and aggregates against claims that it had conspired to fix the prices of cement and concrete in Florida. Obtained dismissal.
- Defended leading chemicals manufacturer in grand jury investigation of potential price-fixing and market allocation. No indictments were returned.
- Defended manufacturing conglomerate against claims that it monopolized or attempted to monopolize the sale of disposable training pants.
April 25, 2019
January 24, 2019
May 3, 2018
January 25, 2018
May 30, 2017
January 13, 2017
September 9, 2016
August 15, 2016
May 27, 2016
- View All News
June 22, 2017
Presentations and Events
October 10, 2013