About Brett A. Kifferstein
For counsel on complex real estate transactions, clients look no further than Brett Kifferstein. Brett advises commercial and residential developers, real estate funds, insurance companies, commercial banks, finance companies, and other institutional investors located across the country in large-scale, innovative and multi-faceted real estate transactions across all asset classes.
Honest legal advice and sound business strategy
Brett understands the importance of providing sound legal advice and having the business knowledge necessary to produce efficient results for his clients. He prides himself on his work quality, quick responses and focus on results.
- Acquisitions and dispositions of property, including developed and undeveloped land
- Mortgage loans, mezzanine loans and other structured financings, including debt restructuring and workouts
- Joint ventures for single-asset transactions and platforms for multi-asset transactions
- Management and leasing transactions, including long-term, bondable leases
- Represent institutional investor in the acquisition and financing of a portfolio of 52 US industrial properties.
- Represent private equity firm in the acquisition and financing of a portfolio of 11 industrial properties in Texas.
- Represent real estate client in the sale of REIT interests in the owner of a portfolio of 15 industrial properties in Oklahoma.
- Represent institutional investor in refinancing a portfolio of 10 industrial properties in the Chicago metropolitan area.
- Represent private equity firm in the acquisition and financing of multiple industrial properties in Pennsylvania.
- Represent real estate client in the sale of a portfolio of 32 credit tenant lease properties located throughout the United States.
- Represent institutional investor in the acquisition and financing of a 1.3-million-square-foot office building in Manhattan, New York.
- Represent private equity firm in the sale-leaseback of a large office development in Oakton, Virginia.
- Represent real estate client in obtaining a $1 billion loan secured by an office building in Manhattan, New York.
- Represent institutional investor in joint venture for acquisition and financing of a large Chicago office building.
- Represent private equity firm in the joint venture and development of multiple mixed-use developments in Atlanta.
- Represent institutional lender in mortgage loan relating to a large mixed-use development in Leesburg, Virginia.
- Represent institutional investor in a preferred equity investment relating to a mixed-use development in Brooklyn, New York.
- Represent institutional lender in the sale of 269 mortgage loans relating to property located throughout the United States.
- Represented real estate client in one of the biggest single-property student housing sales ever in the United States.
- Represent institutional lender in the financing portfolio of 11 apartment buildings in Chicago.
- Represent real estate client in the acquisition of travel centers, convenience stores and gas stations throughout the United States.
January 24, 2019
January 25, 2018
July 1, 2015
Katten Represents Ivanhoe Cambridge and Callahan Capital Properties in $2.2 Billion Office Building AcquisitionJanuary 16, 2015
January 4, 2013