About Danna L. Horton
Danna Horton helps capital providers seeking to generate — or preserve — investments. She focuses her practice on complex commercial real estate transactions, primarily in real estate finance. Danna respects her clients' time and offers practical solutions, keeping transactions on time and within budget, ever mindful of her clients' business objectives. She handles the fine-print details when it comes to structuring a financing, advising on sophisticated real estate matters and counseling clients. Danna feels fortunate to combine her love of real estate with her passion for the law.
Practical, efficient real estate financing
Danna represents ground landlords, ground tenants, lenders, borrowers, private equity funds, REITs and national developers. Danna regularly advises clients on long-term ground leases and sale‑leasebacks. Danna also frequently counsels lenders and borrowers in the origination of industrial, multifamily, retail and office construction loans (mortgage and mezzanine) and on refinancing and acquisition loans secured by all types of real estate. She also advises investors and operators in real estate acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures.
- Long-term ground leases
- Real estate financing
- Acquisitions and dispositions
- Real estate joint ventures
Ground leasing transactions
- Represented public company client in its first acquisition, following its initial public offering, of two new, Class A multifamily projects on Los Angeles' Hollywood Boulevard.
- Represented public company client in the acquisition, and simultaneous origination of a 99-year ground lease, of 13 acres of vacant land for construction of medical office buildings in Forsyth, Georgia.
Represent institutional investor in its acquisition of a long-term lease for a hotel in San Antonio, Texas, and the creation of a second long-term lease for the street retail on the first floor underneath the hotel.
- Represented ground landlord in the acquisition, and simultaneous origination of a 99-year ground lease, of a 7-story office building on 1.83 acres on Peachtree Street in Midtown Atlanta. Also represent in related joint venture agreement.
- Represent public company in the acquisition, and simultaneous origination of a 99-year ground lease, of two office buildings in Cary, North Carolina.
- Represent client in the sale of the leasehold interests, and simultaneous origination of a 99-year ground lease, of two properties originally leased to a food supplier and distributor in Miami, Florida.
- Represent mezzanine lender in financing the renovation of the former Cook County Hospital building in Chicago.
- Represent a bank in its construction loan for a mixed-use retail and multifamily building in Chicago's Logan Square.
- Represent three ground landlords as borrower in fee financings for properties in Washington, DC, and Nashville, Tennessee.
- Represent a REIT as borrower in its mezzanine loan for the Ace Hotel in Brooklyn.
Acquisitions and dispositions
- Represent seller of a marina, operating business and real estate in Naples, Florida.
- Represent real estate client in the sale of a multifamily apartment building near Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida.
- Represent investment advisory services firm in its disposition of a multifamily apartment complex in the Chicago suburbs for approximately $80 million.
- Represent corporate client in acquisition and construction of a manufacturing facility in Lockport, Illinois.
August 1, 2017