About Ira J. Swidler
Ira Swidler brings a practical approach to real estate transactions. His clients, which include owners, investors and lenders, rely on his efficiency to get deals closed when they need them. Recognized as a leading lawyer in real estate law by publications such as Legal 500, Ira's experience and insight give his clients peace of mind.
Practical guidance in complex real estate transactions
Ira gives practical guidance to financial institutions, private investors, family offices, insurance companies, private equity investors and public real estate companies in their real estate transactions. He also represents owners, investors and lenders in connection with the acquisition, sale, construction, lending and leasing of commercial real estate and apartments.
- Real estate development and acquisition and sale transactions
- Venture formation
- Conventional, construction, securitized and mezzanine financing, representing both borrowers and lenders
- Development and financing of multi-owner, mixed-use projects
- Represented a family office in its joint venture investments in a condominium project in Miami; a mixed-use (retail, parking and apartments) construction project in San Antonio, Texas; and a student housing construction project in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Represented one of the largest alternative investment firms in the world in the sale of 34 assets made up of office properties, hotels, industrial properties, retail properties, multifamily properties, a mobile home park and two developmental parcels consisting of 13 separate transactions over the course of four months. Aggregate value was approximately $500 million.
- Represented the Milwaukee Bucks in entering into various agreements with the Wisconsin Center District, City of Milwaukee, County of Milwaukee and a financial institution related to the design, construction, development, financing, use, operation and management of the team's new arena (Fiserv Forum), parking facilities and practice facility.
- Represented one of the largest alternative investment firms in the world in the sale of numerous office buildings across the United States.
- Represented real estate development company in forming a joint venture with a foreign investor and the acquisition, development and $90 million syndicated construction financing of a multifamily residential building in Chicago.
- Represented publicly traded REIT in acquiring more than 10 retail shopping centers in Arizona and 5 retail shopping centers in Texas.
- Represented real estate development company in forming a programmatic joint venture and the acquisition, development, financing and sale of student housing projects in multiple states.
- Represented Canadian developer in construction loans for multifamily developments in Chicago.
January 29, 2020
January 24, 2019
January 25, 2018
January 13, 2017
January 8, 2016
Katten Represents Ivanhoe Cambridge and Callahan Capital Properties in $2.2 Billion Office Building AcquisitionJanuary 16, 2015
January 12, 2015
July 3, 2014
January 13, 2014
- View All News
May 20, 2009
Expansion of TARP to Newly Issued CMBS Creates Opportunities for TARP Investors, Commercial Mortgage Lenders and Property OwnersMay 4, 2009
March 26, 2009
Proposed Addition of CMBS to TALF May Create Opportunities for Commercial Mortgage Loan Originators, Servicers, Borrowers and InvestorsMarch 12, 2009