About Mark I. Fisher
There’s a reason one of Mark Fisher's clients affectionately calls him the company’s "consigliere." As a business lawyer who handles a broad range of transactional, securities and corporate governance matters, Mark lives and breathes the client relationship. Whether he is structuring a complex securities transaction, launching a tender offer or navigating an initial public offering (IPO), he remains constantly aware of his client’s needs and the resources required to support them.
A trusted advisor and partner in his client's business
Mark has successfully handled billions of dollars in debt and equity placements, including IPOs as well as PIPEs (private investments in public entities). For clients that have included investment funds, public companies, issuers, underwriters and investment advisors, he is particularly adept at assembling the right team to address a client's unique challenges. His approach has created long-term relationships with clients like Deerfield Management, a leading health care investment organization that he has represented for the past 14 years. Mark has been instrumental in building and coordinating a diverse team of lawyers that has represented Deerfield in hundreds of matters.
Mark has extensive experience in representing REITs as well as MLPs (master limited partnerships). He handled one of the first roll-ups of a series of limited partnerships into an MLP. Mark also advises on both consensual and contested tender offers and proxy solicitations. In addition, he counsels investment managers and public companies on compliance with securities regulations.
- Transactional, corporate and securities matters
- Public and private placements of debt and equity securities
- Limited partnerships and limited liability companies
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate governance issues
- Real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- Securities regulatory compliance
- Represent hedge fund sponsor in multiple investment transactions with laboratories and pharmaceutical companies.
- Represented a REIT in three separate shareholder rights offerings that raised more than $100 million.
- Represent group of underwriters in a $155 million public offering of preferred stock of Lexington Realty Trust, an NYSE-listed REIT.
- Represented group that acquired controlling interest in Winthrop Realty Trust through tender offer and purchase of newly issued shares.
- Represented a REIT in a $240 million public offering of common stock.
- Represented buyer of all outstanding stock of a NASDAQ-traded pharmaceuticals company.
- Represent a joint venture financial services organization in a $465 million collateralized debt offering.
- Represent placement agents in $300 million Rule 144A offering of exchangeable guaranteed notes of The Lexington Master Limited Partnership.
- Represent a REIT in private offerings of $100 million of convertible redeemable preferred shares.
- Represented an NYSE-listed REIT in its $4.6 billion merger.
- Represented a REIT in underwritten public offerings of more than $300 million of senior notes, preferred shares and common shares.
Katten Advises Five Financial Institutions in $124 Million Worth of TARP Capital Purchase Program TransactionsJanuary 13, 2009
Katten Muchin Rosenman Represents Merrill Lynch-Led Group in $155 Million Public Offering of Lexington Realty Trust Preferred StockFebruary 26, 2007
Katten Represents Bear Stearns and Lehman Brothers in $300 Million Offering for The Lexington Master Limited PartnershipFebruary 23, 2007
February 16, 2007
January 31, 2007
November 7, 2006
August 2, 2006
May 17, 2010
July 13, 2009
June 19, 2009
May 20, 2009
Expansion of TARP to Newly Issued CMBS Creates Opportunities for TARP Investors, Commercial Mortgage Lenders and Property OwnersMay 4, 2009
April 16, 2009
March 26, 2009
March 18, 2009
Proposed Addition of CMBS to TALF May Create Opportunities for Commercial Mortgage Loan Originators, Servicers, Borrowers and InvestorsMarch 12, 2009
- View All Publications