About Robert Asher
Companies throughout the hospitality industry turn to Robert Asher for their most important transactions. Robert has closed some of the most high-profile hotel deals of the last 20 years, and he brings that experience to every hospitality client he advises.
Advice built on a strong foundation of experience
Robert's practice extends throughout the hospitality industry in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and his clients include hotel operating companies, sovereign wealth funds, banks and hotel owners. Robert has closed more than 100 hotel management agreements, representing both owners and operators. Previously, Robert served as global head of Hospitality at Sidley Austin.
- Real estate transactions
- Counseled a luxury hotel operator and an investment agency in the acquisition of hotels in Paris and Milan.
- Counseled owners in acquiring the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Prague.
- Counseled an operator of luxury hotels and resorts in numerous fractional ownership and whole ownership transactions, including in Manila, Philippines; Dubai, United Arab Emirates; Istanbul and Bodrum, Turkey; Mecca, Saudi Arabia; and Lagos, Nigeria.
- Counsel to a global investor in financing and acquiring a luxury hotel in Paris.
- Led a team of 75 lawyers in the Starwood Hotels & Resorts acquisition of the “Le Méridien” brand and management business, including the restructuring of €2 billion of debt, the negotiation of 35 management contracts and the assumption of a further 95 management contracts.
- Represented a worldwide investor in luxury hotels and resorts in the refinancing of debt secured by an historic luxury hotel in Paris.
- Negotiated a global credit facility secured by six hotels.
- Negotiated management agreements for a global investor with Four Seasons Hotels.
- Negotiated a global credit agreement facility secured by six hotels for a government-owned investment agency.
- Represented the owners of the proposed Four Seasons Hotel, Marrakech, in management agreement negotiations with Four Seasons.
- Counseled an international hotel group in a branded residential development at a proposed business hotel in Marrakech, Morocco.
- Negotiated management agreements for a hotel investor with Four Seasons Hotels.
- Negotiated management contract for a trust in connection with an iconic Stockholm hotel.
- Represented owners of a hotel in Stockholm in franchise agreement negotiations.
- Negotiated more than 30 hotel management contracts for properties in Europe, India, the Middle East and Africa.
- Counsel to a hotel investor in the acquisition of a hotel in Geneva, Switzerland.
Katten UK Named a Leading Firm in Finance, Real Estate, and Corporate and Commercial by The Legal 500 United KingdomNovember 27, 2018
June 15, 2017
June 15, 2017
January 16, 2014
February 27, 2017
Presentations and Events
October 10–11, 2018