Partner Kenneth Rosenzweig will speak on "Cleared Swaps" at 10:40 a.m., and Partner Guy Dempsey will speak on "Other Laws" at 4:50 p.m. on Friday, January 21.
Topics that will be discussed during the presentation on "Cleared Swaps" include:
- When is clearing mandatory and how does it protect end users? How does it protect against systemic risk?
- What are the new types of clearinghouse structures?
- What are SEFs?
- Your swap is cleared, but how and where are your assets being held?
- If your dealer goes bankrupt, are you protected?
Topics that will be discussed during the presentation on "Other Laws" include:
- When does Title VII apply to non-US entities and transactions?
- When are state gaming and insurance laws preempted?