Partner Martin Cornish and Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP Partner Jack Governale presented on "U.S. Regulatory Proposals Affecting Fund Managers and Update on EU AIFM Directive" on Tuesday, October 13.
Topics at the seminar included:
- Overview of the Current Regulatory Environment
- Proposals to Regulate Fund Advisers
- What Does It Mean to Be a Registered Investment Adviser
- Proposed Regulation of Private Investment Funds
- Tax Proposals Affecting Offshore Funds
- Treasury Department Regulatory Reform Proposals
- Update on EU AIFM Directive—likely changes following lobbying
The seminar was covered in an October 14 Opalesque newsletter titled "Many of the U.S. regulatory proposals, which may be passed by mid-2010, could affect non-U.S. fund managers."