About Anne Raven
Anne Raven focuses on complex commercial litigation. Her clients include large national insurers who offer auto, property and casualty, workers' compensation and health insurance. She advises these insurers regarding potential and actual litigation at all stages, including pre-suit investigations, settlement negotiations, active litigation, appeals and enforcement.
Managing the costs of litigation is good business
Anne is committed to reducing the cost of litigation for her clients through several strategies developed by her team. She stays current on the latest legal deterrence strategies used to stop or limit fraudulent insurance claims. She remains in regular contact with her clients and co-counsels regarding the laws and practices in jurisdictions across the country. All of these enable her to provide valuable and cost-effective legal advice on fraud-deterrent strategies that can benefit the client's bottom line.
Anne is able to recognize a variety of patterns of systemic fraud, including billing for unnecessary medical services, upcoding, unbundling, violating anti-kickback and patient brokering laws and violating state licensure laws. She has also developed and maintains relationships with medical and other experts who can assist her in this work.
Prior to joining Katten, Anne was an associate at a large corporate law firm where she worked on a wide range of commercial litigation matters. These included contract disputes, environmental litigation, trade secrets, fiduciary breaches, class actions and appeals.
While in law school, she was a Senior Editor of the Harvard Environmental Law Review and a member of the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau and Harvard Defenders. She also served as a PILI Fellow in the Law Office of the Cook County Public Defender.
- Insurance and health care fraud litigation
- Represented major health care insurance company in numerous litigation matters relating to hospital and ambulatory surgery center reimbursement. Third-chaired a two-week federal jury trial, obtaining complete defense verdict. *
- Represented pharmaceutical manufacturer in False Claims Act action alleging off-label promotion, improper sales and marketing practices, and violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute. *
- Represented pharmaceutical company and senior executives in securities fraud class action concerning alleged failure to disclose quality control issues at manufacturing facilities. Obtained partial dismissal and reached amicable settlement. *
- Represented multinational oil and gas company relating to alleged coastal property damage from Deepwater Horizon spill response operations. *
- Represented private equity firm in billion-dollar lawsuit in federal court in Florida, involving claims for fiduciary breach, conspiracy to defraud, alter ego and fraudulent transfer. Obtained complete defense verdict following two-week trial. *