Katten will present the "Artificial Intelligence and Medical Devices" webinar at 12:00 p.m. (ET) on Thursday, April 8. Intellectual Property associate Jeremy Merkel will join Dr. Ira S. Merkel, Gastroenterologist, Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine at Rutgers School of Medicine and Attending at RWJ/STB Medical Center, for a discussion on the use of artificial intelligence and machine learning in medical devices, including:
- The benefits of incorporating AI/ML to medical devices and software as a medical device (SaMD)
- The challenges facing AI/ML medical devices from being brought to market and more widely adopted
- How physicians incorporate AI/ML medical devices in the course of patient treatment
- The FDA's regulatory framework for approving medical devices as AI/ML
- Cybersecurity risks surrounding connected medical devices utilizing AI/ML
- Adapting theories of legal liability to emerging technologies
For more information, contact Katten Webinar Support.