About Bernard Miller
Bernard Miller concentrates his health care practice on a broad range of regulatory, transactional and corporate governance matters. He excels at providing guidance, conducting research and performing due diligence for a wide range of health care industry clients, including physicians, hospitals, medical groups and other types of providers.
Prior to attending law school, Bernard worked as a high school precalculus teacher with Yes Prep Public Schools in Houston.
- Ensures arrangements comply with federal and state health care fraud and abuse laws (e.g., the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute and Texas Solicitation of Patients Act)
- Performs due diligence and preparing disclosure schedules
- Evaluates legal issues related to Medicare reimbursements, self-disclosures and overpayments
- Drafts a variety of agreements and policies
- Provides guidance related to state telehealth/telemedicine laws
- Conducts research in new or emerging areas of health care law
- Ensures compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH)
May 26, 2020
May 8, 2020
March 30, 2020