About Bernard Miller
Bernard Miller concentrates his health care practice on a broad range of regulatory, transactional and corporate governance matters. He excels at providing guidance, conducting research and performing due diligence for a wide range of health care industry clients, including physicians, hospitals, medical groups and other types of providers.
Prior to attending law school, Bernard worked as a high school precalculus teacher with Yes Prep Public Schools in Houston.
- Ensures arrangements comply with federal and state health care fraud and abuse laws (e.g., the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute and Texas Solicitation of Patients Act)
- Performs due diligence and preparing disclosure schedules
- Evaluates legal issues related to Medicare reimbursements, self-disclosures and overpayments
- Drafts a variety of agreements and policies
- Provides guidance related to state telehealth/telemedicine laws
- Conducts research in new or emerging areas of health care law
- Ensures compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH)