About Bernard Miller
Bernard Miller concentrates his health care practice on a broad range of regulatory, transactional and corporate governance matters. He delivers practical legal and business advice to health care clients in a variety of regulatory and business transactional matters, and drafts and negotiates various contractual relationships, including management services agreements, physician employment and professional services agreements, medical director agreements, compliance policies and the formation, certification and operation of non-profit health organizations (NPHOs).
The legal experience to face any health care challenge
Bernard also provides operational counsel and advice in matters related to Anti-Kickback and Stark Law compliance, fee splitting, corporate practice of medicine, Medicare, Medicaid, and TRICARE rules and regulations, licensure and change of ownership, physician peer review matters, complaints before the Texas Medical Board, beneficiary inducement laws, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)/Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH), data privacy and security and state telemedicine laws.
Prior to attending law school, Bernard worked as a high school pre-calculus teacher with Yes Prep Public Schools in Houston.
- A broad range of health care entities including: healthcare systems, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, physician groups, NPHOs and clinical laboratories
- Federal and state fraud and abuse compliance, including Anti-Kickback Statute and Stark Law compliance
- Medicare reimbursements, self-disclosures, overpayments and suspensions
- Corporate practice of medicine, fee-splitting and scope of practice
- Physician complaints before the Texas Medical Board
- Telemedicine and telehealth
- Health information privacy and security
October 22, 2020
May 8, 2020
March 30, 2020