About Cristian Kelly
In structuring transactions and crafting agreements, Cristian Kelly focuses on making the underlying business deal a reality. Cristian protects his clients’ strategic interests while taking a practical and collaborative approach to drive transactions across the finish line.
Strategic guidance with a sharp focus on business
Cristian manages a broad range of transactional issues on behalf of his clients. His practice includes the purchase, sale, financing, leasing and ground leasing of commercial real estate; the development of joint ventures and other investment structures; and the drafting and negotiation of related agreements. Cristian’s transactional perspective is enhanced by his diverse background in litigation and regulatory matters.
- Real estate acquisitions, dispositions and joint venture
- Real estate finance and lending
Joint ventures and development
- Represented co-GP and fund manager in negotiating joint ventures and securing senior debt financing and preferred equity investments on multiple office and residential properties. *
- Represented co-GP in negotiating a joint venture for the development of an industrial property in Fontana, California.
- Represented LP investor in a residential development in Miami.
- Represented sponsor in the development of residential and mixed-use properties in the greater Chicago area.
- Represented owner in analyzing title issues and coordinating with government stakeholders in preparation for a development in National Landing, Virginia. *
- Represented lender in financing multiple industrial portfolios in the Midwest.
- Represented purchasers in the issuance of private placement notes secured by an NHL arena.
- Represented lender in financing of shopping center in Oxnard, California. *
- Represented owner in obtaining construction financing for a mixed-use development in Riverdale Park, Maryland. *
- Represented lender in financing the construction of student housing in Blacksburg, Virginia.
- Represented owner in obtaining senior and mezzanine financing on a two-hotel property in downtown Atlanta. *
- Represented lender in bridge financing for a boutique hotel and members-only club in West Hollywood. *
- Represented pharmaceutical manufacturer in sale and leaseback of multiple office and laboratory facilities in the greater Boston area. *
Repurchase agreements and loan-on-loan financing
- Represented originators and secondary lenders in various commercial real estate loan-on-loan financings and repurchase transactions.
Acquisitions and dispositions
- Represented owner in the sale of the retail portion of a new mixed-use development in The Yards, Washington, DC. *
- Represented various commercial landlords in negotiating office leases in the Washington, DC area. *
- Represented developer in negotiating lease terms with the German Federal Foreign Office concerning a new office property in Washington, DC. *
- Represented nonprofit housing provider in negotiating a contract to provide off-site affordable housing in connection with a new residential development in Washington, DC. *
- Represented Latino community nonprofits in negotiating the purchase and build-out of a new headquarters and in leasing office properties in the Washington, DC area. *
- Represented a Cuban refugee in appealing the denial of her asylum application before the Board of Immigration Appeals.
Liquidated Damages in the Nation's CapitalJuly 2019