About Elizabeth D. Langdale
Elizabeth D. Langdale concentrates her practice in litigation and dispute resolution matters primarily in New York. Elizabeth assists clients with various issues including navigating government, regulatory and internal investigations, and handling litigation or alternative dispute resolution of a variety of matters.
Helping clients from health care institutions to medium-size hedge funds with litigation
Most of Elizabeth's clients are in the financial services and health care industries. They range in size from individuals to a moderately sized hedge fund to the largest municipal health care system in the country. Elizabeth helps clients navigate government investigations and conduct internal investigations. She also litigates complex civil litigation cases involving both government and private plaintiffs.
Elizabeth has represented clients in False Claims Act-related investigations and litigation. She also regularly counsels clients on Medicaid and Medicare matters. This includes federal and state investigations, compliance regulations and fraud allegations.
Her practice also extends to work in white-collar criminal matters, regulatory enforcement matters and corporate internal investigations.
- White collar and internal investigations
- Health care litigation, and health care fraud
- Financial services litigation
- Securities, litigation and enforcement
- Represent large health care system in opposing a State audit of emergency services to undocumented immigrants.
- Advise large health care system regarding various Medicare, Medicaid and regulatory compliance requirements for home health services.
- Represented bank syndicate in $500 million litigation involving Town Square Mall in Las Vegas.
- Defended large municipality and large health care system in qui tam False Claims Act litigation in the US District Court for the Southern District of New York. Plaintiffs alleged our clients submitted or caused the submission of false Medicaid claims for services alleged to have been provided in violation of Medicaid regulatory requirements. Also alleged a “reverse false claim” cause of action pursuant to 31 U.S.C. § 3729(a)(1)(G).
- Represent audit committee of publicly traded corporation in internal investigation into allegations of officer misconduct, bribery and kickbacks.
- Represent numerous public hospitals and doctors in extensive investigation by the New York Attorney General and DOJ into suspected Medicare/Medicaid fraud in the distribution and related marketing of a pediatric prophylaxis.
- Represent major US municipality in federal False Claims Act investigation of a city department of transportation's claims for FEMA funding.
- Represented hospital system in federal False Claims Act investigation.
- Defended NYPD officer pro bono before the US District Court for the Southern District of New York regarding a shooting. We obtained a ruling that client's actions were reasonable and did not constitute excessive force.
September 3, 2019