About Greg Dillard
From the moment a workplace experiences a major accident, Greg Dillard, managing partner of the Houston office, is there to direct the legal response. He provides on-site support after accidents, managing the full spectrum of regulatory and legal obligations and focusing on all sectors of the upstream, midstream and downstream energy and chemical industries. Greg also leads internal investigations, litigates regulatory enforcement actions brought by government agencies and advises on health, safety and environmental compliance to prevent future liability.
Accident response that extends to administrative actions
Greg has a wide range of litigation experience before administrative law judges at OSHA, BSEE and other state and federal agencies. After a 20-day trial in one case, he earned the dismissal of all 42 willful citations and a decrease in penalties from $2.9 million to $7,000.
Greg has led multiple client advocacy groups, promoting revisions to the PSM/RMP regulations under the OSH Act and Clean Air Act. Through meetings with regulators, written comments and other strategies, he works to influence reforms relevant to the regulated community.
- Accident response
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) enforcement litigation
- Tort civil litigation
- Environmental crimes
- Workplace safety issues
- Government advocacy
Major accident and incident response
- Represent multiple facilities after major accident and fatality, including response to OSHA inspection. Assist in simultaneous response to CSB and EPA inspections. Defend in personal injury and property damage lawsuits.
- Represented multiple energy companies when they experienced uncontrolled releases from production wells.
- Represent offshore production company after rig explosion and fire in response to BSEE civil and criminal investigation. Defend in related civil litigation.
- Represent pipeline operator after fatality and incident involving destruction of neighboring private property.
- Represent steel manufacturer during OSHA inspection of employee fatality.
- Represent amusement park facility after employee fatality. Defend against OSHA citations and assist with civil litigation defense.
OSHA, safety and health litigation and compliance
- Advise natural gas and pipeline companies on compliance with safety regulations for gas-gathering equipment.
- Defend multiple oil refineries, chemical plants, and midstream oil and gas companies in OSHA citations alleging violations of process safety management standard and other safety regulations.
- Defend clients in four OSHA inspections involving crane accidents or failures and related civil litigation.
- Represent multiple refineries and industrial manufacturing plants during planned OSHA inspections, including Refinery NEP inspections.
Whistleblower and employment litigation
- Lead internal investigation for midstream company regarding DOT whistleblower allegations.
- Represented pipeline company in DOT and STAA whistleblower litigation. Obtained favorable settlement.
- Represent steel manufacturer in OSHA investigation of 11(c) whistleblower allegations.
- Represented Texas concrete manufacturer in whistleblower litigation. Obtained favorable summary judgment.
- Represented oilfield services company in Texas and Louisiana in lawsuit opposing restrictive covenants and unfair competition. Obtained favorable settlement.
- Represent North Dakota oilfield services company in ERISA lawsuit involving denial of benefits. Also represent in settlement of second ERISA suit.
- Represent employer in three-day arbitration of breach of contract dispute with employment systems vendor.
- Defend manufacturer against unfair labor practice claims. Also represent in arbitration of collective bargaining grievance on behalf of manufacturer.
June 11, 2019
March 18, 2019
June 14, 2018
May 3, 2018
March 26, 2018
May 31, 2017
May 30, 2017
November 24, 2016
June 17, 2016
- View All News
July 24, 2019
July 22, 2019
June 17, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 7, 2019
June 6, 2019
May 29, 2019
May 17, 2019
March 13, 2019
- View All Publications
Presentations and Events
March 25 and 26, 2019
February 21–22, 2019
December 4–5, 2018
ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law – Occupational Safety and Health Law Committee 2018 Midwinter MeetingMarch 1, 2018
February 15–16, 2018
February 7, 2018
February 6 and February 8, 2018
October 2, 2017
February 21 and February 23, 2017
- View All Presentations and Events