About Guylaine Haché, PhD
Guylaine Haché represents clients in all stages of litigation, including conducting pre-suit investigation work, handling fact and expert discovery, preparing various pleadings, preparing experts for depositions and participating in trial preparation. Guylaine brings to her work a technical background, PhD in molecular biology and more than five years' experience preparing and prosecuting patent applications for a variety of technologies in the United States and around the world. This gives her the right mix of technical knowledge, legal insight and hands-on experience to help her clients secure their most precious asset: their technologies.
Litigating patent disputes with scientific knowledge and legal insight
Guylaine began her legal career as a technical advisor and then patent agent at an international law firm, where she prepared and prosecuted numerous patent applications, in the United States and abroad, for clients and inventors from large corporations, start up companies and universities. Her responsibilities covered a range of technologies, including modified proteins, fusion proteins, nucleic acid therapeutics, antibody development, methods of treatment, diagnostic methods, drug formulations and dosage regimens.
Guylaine's doctoral dissertation related to understanding the molecular mechanism by which a human protein called APOBEC3G inhibits the replication of human immunodeficiency virus. Her doctoral work led to nine publications in peer-reviewed journals, including Current Biology, PLoS Pathogens and Journal of Virology.
- Patent litigation
- Pharmaceuticals and biotechnology
- Litigation in the US District Court for the District of Delaware involving patents associated with the treatment of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer using regorafenib.
- Litigation in the US District Court for the District of Delaware involving patents associated with a high-dose conditioning treatment prior to hematopoietic progenitor (stem) cell transplantation in patients with multiple myeloma using melphalan for injection.
- Litigation in the US District Court for the District of Delaware involving patent associated with dosage regimen of paliperidone palmitate for the treatment of schizophrenia.
- Litigation in the US District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia involving a patent directed to the HIV drug dolutegravir.
- Litigation in the US District Court for the District of Delaware involving patents associated with the breast cancer drug palbociclib.
- Litigation in the US District Court for the Southern District of Florida representing one of the world's largest fresh produce distributors against plant patent infringement. Obtained an apology from plaintiff for bringing the suit in the first place and a dismissal of all claims brought against our client. Also obtained acknowledgment that our client had an unrestricted right to practice the invention claimed in the plant patent all along.
- Counsel for some of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies in several Hatch-Waxman litigations.
June 12, 2019
June 11, 2019