About Kari Boyd Gardiner
Kari Boyd Gardiner focuses her practice on affordable housing, mixed-use, and all types of commercial real estate transactions.
Nationwide counsel on complex real estate transactions
Kari assists clients on projects located throughout the United States with development, acquisitions, dispositions, financing and leasing. Kari’s projects often involve complex real estate transactions utilizing federal tax credits, HUD, state and local agency financing and subsidies, and complicated equity and debt structures.
- Affordable housing development, acquisitions, dispositions and refinancing
- Affordable housing transactions low-income housing tax credits (LIHTC) and tax-exempt and taxable bonds
- Real estate transactions and financing
- Drafting and negotiating agreements, including purchase and sale contracts, joint venture agreements, master leases, ground leases, development agreements, and loan and refinancing agreements
- Real estate transactions utilizing tax credits, including LIHTC, historic tax credits and new markets tax credits
- Affordable housing transactions involving the US Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) program, Section 18 program, project-based rental assistance and Choice Neighborhood Implementation (CNI) grants and grant funds from other HUD programs
- LIHTC Year 15 Issues