(CHICAGO) Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP today welcomed more than 125 pharmaceutical and biotech leaders from around the globe for the North American-Israel Biotech Conference at the firm’s headquarters in Chicago. The Government of Israel Economic Mission to the Midwest and the America-Israel Chamber of Commerce Chicago brought together companies from the BIO 2013 International Convention Israel Delegation and North American business leaders to discuss challenges, synergies and opportunities for increased cooperation and business partnerships between Israel and North America.
“Israel has become a hotbed of biotech and life sciences development and it makes sense for companies in North America to be able to learn about some of the work going on there and perhaps discuss ways to partner and exchange ideas,” said Len Ferber, Katten partner and chair of the firm’s Technology practice, who is a member of the Board of Directors of the America-Israel Chamber of Commerce.
Deputy Chief Scientist of Israel Abraham Gross addressed the conference about life science research and development in the State of Israel. Conference panelists included:
- Rémi Quirion, PhD, Chief Scientist of Quebec
- Stan Bukofzer, MD, Corporate VP and Chief Medical Officer, Hospira
- Nissim Darvish, MD, PhD, Senior Managing Director, Israel, OrbiMed Advisors
- John Frels, PhD, VP, Diagnostics Research, Abbott Diagnostics
- Gary Gabrielsen, VP Business Development & Alliance Management, Astellas US LLC
- Yuji Iizawa, PhD, Senior Investment Director, Takeda Ventures, Inc.
- Norbert Riedel, PhD, Chief Science and Innovation Officer, Baxter International
- Ron Law, PhD, JD, VP New Frontier Science, Takeda Pharmaceuticals International (moderator)
Twenty companies are part of the Israel Delegation that will participate in the 2013 BIO International Convention that is taking place in Chicago this week. The companies featured include BioCEP Ltd., BioLineRx, Brainsway, Compugen Ltd., ELMindA Ltd., Estar Technologies Ltd. (Estar Medical), EyeYon Medical, Foamix, HIL Applied Medical, Ltd., Immune Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Immune System Key Ltd. – ISK, IonMed Ltd., ITTN, Oramed, PixCell Medical Technologies Ltd., Pluristem Therapeutics, PolyPid Ltd., Protalix, Proteologics, RDD Pharma Ltd., Shulov Innovative Science Ltd.