About Kristopher J. Ring
Kristopher Ring advises capital sources on their corporate financing arrangements, ensuring that they are properly protecting themselves against legal and financial risk.
Guiding capital sources through complex corporate financing arrangements
Kris counsels capital sources such as private equity groups and hedge funds on all aspects of corporate finance in a multitude of complex financing arrangements. He guides his clients through transactions such as leveraged buyouts, acquisition financing, dividend recapitalizations, workouts and restructurings, special situation financings and subscription facilities.
Kris has substantial experience in negotiating, documenting and closing transactions across many industries and a wide range of transaction types. He has advised his clients on senior secured and unsecured financings, first-lien and second-lien financings, asset-based loan facilities, cash-flow facilities, mezzanine and other subordinated financings, unitranche financings, split-collateral structures, debtor-in-possession financings and capital-call facilities.
- Corporate finance
- Private equity
- Hedge funds
- Represent private equity investment firm in dividend recapitalization for a provider of systems lifecycle management, endpoint security and IT service management solutions for desktops, servers and mobile devices.
Represented San Francisco-based private equity firm in:
- ABL/term loan acquisition financing for a family footwear retailer;
- refinancing credit facilities of a retailer of sportswear, outerwear, gear and accessories for outdoor activities;
- debt and equity investment in a women's apparel and accessories retailer; and
- refinancing debt investment in a specialty jewelry retailer.
Represented global alternative investment management firm, its strategic credit group and its energy group in:
- acquisition financing (and later dividend recapitalization) for a diversified global manufacturer of wood preservation chemistry and technology, and a specialty service provider to the utilities and railroad industries;
- together with a Los Angeles-based, global private equity firm, first and second lien financing facilities for the merger between two producers and distributors of radio programming;
- debt investment in a provider of wet wipe products;
- financing for an energy service company;
- financing for a shipping investment management company; and
- debt investment in a provider of electronic payments solutions.
Represented independent, Los Angeles-based investment management firm in:
- acquisition financing for material handling products business of a global provider of equipment and services for the energy industry;
- acquisition financing for a global specialty clinical laboratory specializing in testing that supports the personalized diagnosis, treatment and prevention of chronic disease;
- dividend recapitalization for a manufacturer and distributor of taxidermy supplies;
- dividend recapitalization for a strategic brand management company with a focus on franchising;
- dividend recapitalization for a supplier of proprietary nail and beauty care products;
- dividend recapitalization for a provider of accident avoidance training for fleet vehicle drivers;
- financing for a franchisor in the custom sign and graphics industry; and
- financing for an environmental consulting firm that specializes in providing compliance-driven air-quality services.
Represented Los Angeles-based alternative investment firm in:
- acquisition financing for a business information and events company;
- acquisition financing for a provider of sports, news and agriculture programming;
- financing for an investment in a health care communications agency;
- debt investment in a provider of mobile advertising technology; and
- debt and equity investment in a provider of media and marketing services.
Represented Los Angeles-based investment firm in:
- recapitalization of a provider of telecommunications products and accessories; and
- financing for an investment in a provider of in-building wireless software.
Represented New York-based private equity firm in:
- acquisition financing for a restaurant franchisor;
- acquisition financing for a designer, manufacturer and marketer of specialty automotive aftermarket performance products;
- recapitalization of a provider of management services to physicians specializing in interventional pain management procedures focused on relieving back and neck pain; and
- recapitalization of a home care and medical staffing services franchisor.
Represented San Francisco-based private equity firm in:
- acquisition financing for a consumer health care manufacturer and marketer of personal care and over-the-counter products; and
- financing for a for-profit educational institution company.
Represented global private equity investment firm and its debt funds in:
- acquisition financing for a demand-management software and systems provider for utilities and other energy suppliers; and
- financing for the combination of two commercial and industrial demand response businesses into a stand-alone company.
Represented global private equity firm in:
- acquisition financing for a provider of security solutions for cyber attacks and data theft; and
- subscription facility financings for certain of the private equity firm's funds.
- Represent technology investment firm in financing an investment in a financial software provider.
- Represented San Francisco-based private equity firm in acquisition of a technology provider to the digital audio industry.
- Represented private equity investment firm in acquisition financing for a manufacturer, distributor and multi-channel retailer of educational products.
- Represent energy company in Chapter 11 restructuring.
- Represent power producing company in Chapter 11 restructuring of senior unsecured notes and other obligations.
- Represent provider of processing services for the real estate finance industry in its out-of-court restructuring.
- Represent senior lenders in the out-of-court restructuring of a developer of software and electronics products for the arts and crafts market.
June 11, 2019
April 25, 2019
May 3, 2018
May 31, 2017
February 27, 2017