About Mark P. Ramsey
With more than 20 years' experience negotiating financing transactions, Mark Ramsey understands what it takes to close complex loan and bond deals. Whether helping financial institutions on credit facilities and high-yield bonds or advising borrowers seeking to access the loan and debt capital markets, Mark seamlessly guides financing transactions from structuring and negotiation to documentation and execution. And because Mark has his finger on the pulse of the financing markets, his clients can be sure they are receiving "state-of-the-art" advice and updates on constantly changing market conditions.
Complex financing transactions secured smoothly and seamlessly
Mark helps banks, other financial institutions, corporations and private equity funds negotiate and document large corporate loans and issuances of high-yield bonds, principally where the proceeds of the loans or bonds will be used to help finance a corporate acquisition. Mark's broad background in leveraged finance, investment-grade finance, high-yield debt, project finance and structured finance helps him advise clients addressing difficult, novel, complex and unexpected issues.
Mark also helps clients when they have other reasons to borrow money, such as refinancing existing debt, funding operations during bankruptcy and paying dividends to company owners.
Mark represents large financial institutions and clients from many industries, including the health care, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, energy, chemicals and tech industries.
Prior to joining Katten, Mark spent almost 20 years advising clients on leveraged finance and project finance in private practice.
- Corporate financing transactions
- Negotiating, structuring and documenting large corporate loans and issuances of high-yield bonds
- Leveraged finance, investment-grade finance, high-yield debt, project finance and structured finance
- Represented American chemical company in a $2.5 billion senior secured recapitalization financing related to the spin-off of its titanium dioxide business. *
- Represented US drugstore chain in amendment and restatement of its $3.7 billion senior secured revolving credit facility. *
- Represented US drugstore chain in the documentation of commitment for a $1.8 billion senior unsecured bridge facility for the proposed acquisition of a health care and pharmacy benefit management company. *
- Represented leading global investment manager in a $100 million senior secured credit facility provided to a holding company subsidiary of a top-tier equity sponsor. The proceeds were used to fund the acquisition of wind and solar energy projects in the United States. *
- Represented independent investment adviser in senior secured financing for the acquisition of a cable transmission system that connects two East Coast power grids. *
- Represented investment bank in a $2.775 billion senior unsecured revolving and term loan credit facility for a major industrial REIT. *
- Represented investment bank in a $1 billion senior unsecured bridge loan facility supporting the merger of a fully integrated residential REIT and a San Francisco-based REIT. *
September 11, 2020
June 22, 2020
June 7, 2018
The Rise of ‘Yankee Loans' in EuropeMarch 4, 2015
An Expert's ViewDecember 2012/January 2013