About Nancy Collins
Nancy Allred Collins helps her clients with tax planning. Individuals and companies rely on her to help them structure their investments and develop strategies so they can invest in their businesses and their families in a tax-efficient manner.
Strategies for minimizing tax burdens
Nancy advises US and global companies, as well as individuals, on international, federal, state and local tax issues and gift and estate tax planning. Her corporate clients include health care, energy and real estate businesses as well as private equity funds.
Nancy regularly advises clients on tax issues relating to the formation, operation and disposition of business enterprises, including corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, private investment funds, master limited partnerships and tax-exempt organizations.
- International, federal and state tax law
- Gift and estate tax planning
- Oil and gas taxation, real estate taxation, unrelated business income, FIRPTA, FATCA and international withholding tax issues
- Transactions, including M&A, joint ventures, capital markets, cross-border arrangements, corporate restructuring, and financial products and derivatives
- Represented regional health care system on tax, corporate and health care matters in the sale of substantially all its assets, including a network of 9 hospitals, 39 clinics, 2 inpatient facilities, 13 regional rehabilitation facilities, physician clinics, 2 emergency centers, regional home health services covering 41 counties, a comprehensive trauma center network, and an EMS fleet of more than 45 ambulances and 4 helicopters. *
- Advised a master limited partnership on formation-structuring techniques that reduce adverse tax consequences applicable to the fund manager as well as the equity investors, including foreign investors and tax-exempt organizations that are UBTI sensitive. *
- Counsel private equity funds on compliance with tax withholding regimes applicable to foreign investors, tax withholding rates under the Internal Revenue Code and tax treaties, FATCA withholding, and FIRPTA withholding on US real property interests. *
- Advised a real estate limited liability company on various state and local tax issues relating to transfer of oil and gas assets, including corporate income and franchise taxes, allocation and apportionment issues, property taxes, sales and use taxes, utility user taxes, environmental taxes, transfer taxes, and other excise taxes. *
- Advised a charitable organization on the formation of a nonprofit corporation and obtaining tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3). Also advised on the federal income tax issues relating to the operation of the charitable organization, including unrelated business taxable income, compliance and reporting issues, investments, governance, and charitable contribution deduction issues. *
- Advised clients in more than 25 real estate and oil and gas transactions involving “like-kind exchanges” under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code, allowing clients to defer millions in taxable gain on the sale of real property, including forward exchanges, reverse exchanges and build-to-suit exchanges, as well as more unique exchanges such as arrangements for the distribution and purchase of undivided interests in property as tenant-in-common. *
- Represented domestic and international clients with a variety of backgrounds, family situations and succession planning concerns in developing comprehensive estate plans. *
September 3, 2019
March 12, 2019
October 12, 2018
September 6, 2018
December 4–7, 2018
November 19, 2018
October 22, 2018