About Paige Laborde
Danielle "Paige" Laborde focuses on environmental and workplace safety matters. She counsels corporate clients on a wide range of situations impacted by regulations including industrial accidents, workplace culture, internal investigations and root cause analysis (RCA). Paige also advises companies on government agency investigations and enforcement, environmental litigation, and response to regulatory rulemakings.
Knowing government regulations helps companies avoid accidents and litigation
Paige advises companies on how to navigate government regulations, investigations and enforcement. She has represented clients in response to investigations by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Chemical Safety Board (CSB), the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE), the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA), and state and local regulatory agencies and public service commissions.
Prior to joining Katten, Paige worked as natural resource advisor on the Deepwater Horizon incident. She provided support for operations regarding best management practices and compliance with Section 7 of the Endangered Species Act.
- Environmental and workplace safety
- Major accident and incident response
- EPA's risk management plan (RMP) and OSHA’s process safety management (PSM) programs
- Workplace injuries and fatalities
- Compliance and settlement negotiations
- Environmental crimes and internal investigations
- Environmental civil litigation
- Environmental regulatory and permitting
- Development of robust PSM systems and procedures
- Represent Fortune 50 chemical manufacturer in investigations by the CSB, OSHA, the EPA and other agencies into a four-fatality accident resulting from the release of toxic chemicals. Also counsel on subsequent enforcement.
- Represent global energy company in explosion at refining facility that resulted in federal and state regulatory agency investigations.
- Represent multinational automotive manufacturer in enterprise-wide compliance assurance and safety review.
- Represent global energy company in connection explosion at refining facility that resulted in federal and state regulatory agency investigations.
- Advise energy companies on EPA and OSHA proposed rulemaking regarding RMP and PSM regulations.
- Represent energy and chemical companies in environmental criminal investigations.
- Represented a multinational oil and gas services company in a DOJ investigation into an offshore incident involving multiple fatalities.
- Represent supermajor in multi-agency investigation following a refinery fire.
- Represent national utility company in implementation of process safety management program.
June 21, 2019
June 7, 2019
March 1, 2019
August 6, 2018
July 17, 2017
July 12, 2017
May 3, 2017
April 28, 2017
October 14, 2016
September 27, 2016
- View All Publications