About Stephanie Angkadjaja
Stephanie Angkadjaja has a unique understanding of the technical and business aspects of the refining industry and the laws that regulate it. That's because she worked as a chemical engineer for the world's largest publicly traded international oil and gas company, acting as an environmental advisor and process safety engineer during the day while earning her law degree in the evening. That experience informs her perspective on the safety, environmental and health issues and major accident response matters that clients engage her group to handle.
Industry work experience leads to efficiency and relatability
Because she’s walked in the shoes of her team's clients, Stephanie is able to approach her work more efficiently and relate to her clients' concerns. Her experience as a refinery chemical engineer included process engineering; project management; Title V air permit, EPA RMP and Cal/OSHA PSM compliance; and process safety engineering. In her role as process safety engineer, Stephanie supported the refinery's response to multiple government agency investigations of a major workplace incident, previewing her current practice at Katten. This breadth of "real world" work experience translates to an ability to quickly get to the heart of issues she is researching or otherwise counseling on.
Stephanie is also a registered patent attorney and member of Katten's Patent Litigation team. During law school, Stephanie completed the Intellectual Property Law concentration and participated on the school's Saul Lefkowitz Trademark Moot Court Competition team.
- Environmental and workplace safety
- Major accident and incident response
- Proposition 65 litigation and counseling
- Intellectual property litigation
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in investigations by the CSB, OSHA, the EPA and other agencies related to a multi-fatality incident at a manufacturing plant.
- Represented one of the world’s largest independent US refining companies in investigations by OSHA and other state and local agencies related to a power outage and contractor fatality.
- Seconded to one of the largest independent US refining companies to assist with Cal/OSHA process safety management Program Quality Verification inspection.
- Defended a multinational retail corporation against Proposition 65 claims and litigation, involving the coordination and management of indemnity counsel for the corporation's suppliers.
- Defended large shopping center corporation against OSHA citations alleging violations of construction safety regulations.
August 25, 2017
July 24, 2019
July 22, 2019
March 13, 2019
California: Standards Board Proposes Rulemaking on Employee Access to Injury and Illness Prevention Program ("IIPP")March 11, 2019
October 22, 2018
October 8, 2018
September 21, 2018
April 3, 2018
March 26, 2018
Presentations and Events
March 25 and 26, 2019