Chris DiAngelo, managing partner of Katten's New York office and partner in the Structured Finance and Securitization practice, will participate in the "Word from the Hill: Regulating the Capital Markets" panel discussion at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, October 19. Panelists including moderator Isaac Boltansky, director of policy research, BTIG; Cameron Jones, director, regulatory compliance leader, RSM US LLP; and Michael Bright, chief executive officer, Structured Finance Association, will cover topics including:
- Major legislation and its impacts on the capital markets: Inflation Reduction Act, Infrastructure Bill, FHFA, CFPB, etc.
- Recent shift in constitutional administrative law
- Discussion on major SCOTUS decisions reshaping the markets; EPA v. West Virginia, and AHA v. Becerra
- Resulting impacts on CRT following the FHFA case ruling
- Developments in other regulatory areas affecting the capital markets; pro's, con's, and hurdles to progress