About Tanya L. Curtis
With a focus on IP, IT, data, privacy and related matters and decades of experience across a range of industries, Tanya Curtis helps clients address the challenges of an ever-changing technology landscape while identifying, developing and protecting their IP assets. Tanya's pragmatic, business-oriented and innovative solutions to complex and cutting-edge legal issues have long been hallmarks of her practice.
"One-stop shopping" for IP and technology advice
As co-chair of the firm's technology and IP transactions practice, Tanya represents emerging and established online businesses, software, financial services, hospitality, health care and other companies across a broad spectrum of industries. She helps clients navigate the complex legal and contractual issues associated with all stages of design, development, procurement, implementation, use, monitoring, marketing and other commercial exploitation of technology and data, as well as protection of the underlying intellectual property. She also assists in identifying and evaluating IP rights in the contexts of IPOs, private equity and venture financings, and mergers, acquisitions and divestitures involving IP rights. In brief, her experience extends to a broad spectrum of drafting and negotiating transactions related to IP, data and technology.
In recent years, a major focus of Tanya's practice has been advising international and domestic financial institutions on a variety of technology, data and intellectual property-related initiatives, including:
- Licensing of electronic trading systems and other proprietary software, market data and indexes.
- Technology development agreements, including development related to electronic trading platforms, order routing systems, order book management systems, strategic trading tools and automated trading systems.
- Technology, "SaaS"; cloud, hosting, network, systems monitoring and surveillance, disaster recovery, document retention, maintenance and operational services agreements; equipment procurement, leasing and implementation; market data distribution.
- Identification and protection of intellectual property associated with electronic trading platforms, trading tools and other technology.
- Joint ventures and corporate acquisitions involving proprietary electronic trading systems and applications.
Tanya represents a wide range of clients in connection with such matters, including derivatives exchanges, hedge funds, market makers, proprietary trading firms, futures commission merchants, independent software vendors, broker-dealers, banks and other market participants, as well as the technology providers who service them.
- Trademark advice, including the identification, selection, clearance, registration and protection of trademarks, and trademark portfolio management
- Counseling in regard to other IP, including copyrights, rights of publicity and trade secrets
- IP and IT license and services agreements
- IP acquisitions and transfers
- Transactions regarding trading technologies and other mission critical technology
- Market data
March 8, 2022
March 7, 2022
March 23, 2021
February 1, 2021
February 10, 2020
December 12, 2017
November 14, 2014
March 17, 2016
December 29, 2015
October 7, 2015
November 12, 2014
February 5, 2014
November 26, 2013
February 11, 2013
January 2, 2013
- View All Publications