(CHICAGO) Katten announced today that 67 attorneys were named to the 2021 edition of the Chambers USA guide. The firm also received recognition as a leader in 31 practice areas.
Katten’s highest rankings were in the categories of Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Healthcare, Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets, Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations, Real Estate and Real Estate: Finance. Nine attorneys received the highest individual rankings possible in their respective fields: Michael R. Callahan (Healthcare), Christopher DiAngelo (Capital Markets: Securitisation), Lisa Atlas Genecov (Healthcare), J. Hayden Harrell (Real Estate: Finance), Anna-Liza B. Harris (Capital Markets: Securitization - Tax), Daniel S. Huffenus (Real Estate: Finance), Alvin Katz (Real Estate), Floyd A. Mandell (Intellectual Property) and Laura Keidan Martin (Healthcare).
The firm received new national rankings in Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Healthcare and Hedge Funds. It also maintained its national rankings in the following categories: Banking & Finance, Capital Markets: Securitization: ABS, Capital Markets: Securitization: RMBS, Derivatives, Real Estate, Sports Law, Startups & Emerging Companies and Transportation: Aviation: Finance.
In addition, the firm was recognized in the following areas: Corporate/M&A & Private Equity, Corporate/M&A, Intellectual Property, Intellectual Property: Litigation, Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets, Litigation: General Commercial, Litigation: Securities, Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations, Media & Entertainment: Litigation, Real Estate: Finance, Real Estate: Mainly Corporate & Finance, and Tax.
Additionally, the firm had 11 attorneys debut in this year’s guide: Kristin J. Achterhof (Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets), Stephen B. Esko (Capital Markets: Securitization - CMBS), Valentina Famparska (Tax), Mark R. Grossmann (Corporate/M&A: Private Equity), Carl E. Kennedy (Derivatives), Brandon N. McCarthy (Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations), Stuart M. Richter (Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance - Litigation), Neil G. Shelton (Banking & Finance), Kimberly T. Smith (Corporate/M&A: Private Equity), Joseph Topolski (Capital Markets: Securitization: ABS) and Jason M. Vismantas (Real Estate).
The Katten attorneys individually recognized are:
- Banking & Finance – Michael A. Jacobson, Derek F. Ladgenski, Scott E. Lyons, Neil G. Shelton, Stuart P. Shulruff, Jennifer I. Wolfe
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring – Craig A. Barbarosh, William B. Freeman, Peter P. Knight, John E. Mitchell, Steven J. Reisman, Peter A. Siddiqui
- Capital Markets: Securitization – Chris DiAngelo (ABS; RMBS), Stephen B. Esko (CMBS), Anna-Liza B. Harris (Tax), Howard Schickler (ABS), Joseph P. Topolski (ABS)
- Corporate/M&A – Mark R. Grossmann (Private Equity), Kenneth W. Miller (Private Equity), Kimberly T. Smith (Private Equity), Mark S. Solomon, Walter S. Weinberg (Private Equity)
- Derivatives – Gary DeWaal (Derivatives; Derivatives: Mainly Regulatory), Kevin M. Foley (Derivatives; Derivatives: Mainly Regulatory), Carl E. Kennedy (Derivatives)
- Environment: Litigation – Nancy J. Rich
- Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance (Litigation) – Stuart M. Richter
- Healthcare – Michelle Apodaca, Michael R. Callahan, W. Kenneth Davis, Jr., Lisa Atlas Genecov, D. Louis Glaser, Laura Keidan Martin, Cheryl Camin Murray, Joseph V. Willey, Kenya S. Woodruff
- Hedge Funds – Henry Bregstein, Allison C. Yacker
- Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets – Floyd A. Mandell, Kristin J. Achterhof
- Litigation: Securities – Michael J. Diver, Bruce G. Vanyo
- Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations – Brandon McCarthy, Scott Resnik, Gil M. Soffer, Sheldon T. Zenner
- Media and Entertainment – David Halberstadter (Litigation), Michael S. Hobel (Transactional), Joel R. Weiner (Litigation)
- Real Estate – Frank E. Arado (Finance), David R. Dlugie, J. Hayden Harrell (Finance), Daniel S. Huffenus (Finance), Alvin Katz, Kenneth G. Lore, Mark C. Simon, Jason M. Vismantas
- Sports Law – Adam R. Klein
- Startups & Emerging Companies – Matthew S. Brown, Jeffrey R. Patt
- Tax – Valentina Famparska, Saul E. Rudo
- Transportation Aviation: Finance – Timothy J. Lynes