(CHICAGO) Katten announced today that 77 attorneys were ranked in the 2023 edition of the Chambers USA guide. The firm also received recognition as a leader in 34 practice areas.
Katten's highest rankings were in the categories of Bankruptcy/Restructuring: Highly Regarded; Corporate/M&A: Highly Regarded; Healthcare: Highly Regarded; Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets; Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations: Highly Regarded; Public Finance; Real Estate; and Real Estate: Finance.
Additionally, 18 attorneys received the highest individual rankings possible in their respective fields: Michael R. Callahan (Healthcare), Christopher A. Cole (Advertising: NAD Proceedings), Gary DeWaal (Derivatives: Mainly Regulatory), Chris DiAngelo (Capital Markets: Securitisation: ABS, RMBS), Chad R. Doobay (Public Finance), Kevin Foley (Derivatives: Mainly Regulatory), Lisa Atlas Genecov (Healthcare), Lewis Greenbaum (Public Finance), J. Hayden Harrell (Real Estate: Finance), Anna-Liza B. Harris (Capital Markets: Securitization - Tax), Alvin Katz (Real Estate), Christian T. Kemnitz (Derivatives: Enforcement), Carl Kennedy (Derivatives: Mainly Regulatory), Adam Klein (Sports Law), Floyd A. Mandell (Intellectual Property), Laura Keidan Martin (Healthcare), Gil M. Soffer (Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations) and Kenya S. Woodruff (Healthcare).
The firm held its national rankings in the following categories: Banking & Finance; Bankruptcy/Restructuring; Capital Markets: Securitization: ABS; Capital Markets: Securitization: RMBS; Derivatives; Healthcare; Hedge Funds; Real Estate; Sports Law; Startups & Emerging Companies; and Transportation: Aviation: Finance. It was also recognized in Corporate/M&A & Private Equity; Intellectual Property: Litigation; Litigation: General Commercial; Litigation: Securities; Media & Entertainment: Litigation; Media & Entertainment: Transactional; Real Estate: Mainly Corporate & Finance; and Tax.
Katten had six partners debut in this year's guide: Jan Harris Cate (Banking & Finance), Wendy E. Cohen (Hedge Funds), Chad R. Doobay (Public Finance), Lewis Greenbaum (Public Finance), Christian T. Kemnitz (Derivatives: Enforcement) and Michael G. Melzer (Public Finance). Melzer and counsel Carolyn Passen (Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets) were named to Up and Coming tables, while associates Vinny Baumann (Real Estate) and Fabiola Valenzuela (Startups & Emerging Companies) were selected for the Associates to Watch list.
The Katten attorneys individually recognized are:
- Advertising — Christopher A. Cole (Litigation and NAD Proceedings)
- Banking & Finance — Geoff AuYeung, Jan Harris Cate, Michael A. Jacobson, Derek F. Ladgenski, Glen K. Lim, Scott E. Lyons, Neil G. Shelton, Stuart P. Shulruff, Jennifer I. Wolfe
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring — William B. Freeman, Peter P. Knight, John E. Mitchell, Steven J. Reisman, Peter A. Siddiqui
- Capital Markets: Securitization — Chris DiAngelo (ABS; RMBS), Stephen B. Esko (CMBS), Anna-Liza B. Harris (Tax), Howard Schickler (ABS), Joseph Topolski (ABS)
- Corporate/M&A — Mark S. Solomon
- Derivatives — Gary DeWaal (Derivatives; Mainly Regulatory), Ilene Froom (Derivatives), Kevin M. Foley (Derivatives; Mainly Regulatory), Christian T. Kemnitz (Enforcement), Carl E. Kennedy (Derivatives; Mainly Regulatory)
- Environment: Litigation — Nancy J. Rich
- Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance (Litigation) — Stuart M. Richter
- Healthcare — Michelle Apodaca, Michael R. Callahan, W. Kenneth Davis, Jr., Lisa Atlas Genecov, D. Louis Glaser, Laura Keidan Martin, Joseph V. Willey, Kenya S. Woodruff
- Hedge Funds — Henry Bregstein, Wendy E. Cohen, Allison C. Yacker
- Intellectual Property: Patent — Deepro R. Mukerjee
- Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets — Kristin J. Achterhof, Floyd A. Mandell, Carolyn M. Passen
- Litigation: Securities — Michael J. Diver, Bruce G. Vanyo, Richard H. Zelichov
- Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations — Alan J. Brudner, Daniel J. Collins, Brandon N. McCarthy, Barrett R. Howell, Scott A. Resnik, Gil M. Soffer, Sheldon T. Zenner
- Media and Entertainment — David Halberstadter (Litigation), Michael S. Hobel (Transactional), Zia F. Modabber (Litigation), Joel R. Weiner (Litigation)
- Private Equity: Buyouts — Mark R. Grossmann, Kimberly T. Smith
- Public Finance — Chad R. Doobay, Lewis Greenbaum, Michael G. Melzer
- Real Estate — Frank E. Arado (Finance), Vinny Baumann, David R. Dlugie, J. Hayden Harrell (Finance), Alvin Katz, Kenneth G. Lore, Mark C. Simon, Jason M. Vismantas
- Sports Law — Adam R. Klein
- Startups & Emerging Companies — Matthew S. Brown, Jeffrey R. Patt, Fabiola T. Valenzuela
- Tax — Valentina Famparska, Saul E. Rudo
- Transportation Aviation: Finance — Timothy J. Lynes