(CHICAGO) Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP announced today that 85 attorneys and 19 practices were recognized as part of The Legal 500 United States 2017 guide.
Mark R. Grossmann, global head of Katten's Corporate practice, and Bruce G. Vanyo, co-head of Katten's Securities Litigation and Enforcement practice, were selected for The Legal 500's elite "Leading Lawyers" list in the areas of M&A/Corporate and Commercial – M&A: Middle-Market and Dispute Resolution – Securities Litigation – Defense, respectively. Additionally, partners Harris R. Eisenberg, Scott A. Elliott and Ben Patton were selected for the "Next Generation Lawyers" list. Eisenberg was named in the area of M&A/Corporate and Commercial – M&A: Middle-Market and Elliott and Patton were both listed in the area of Industry Focus – Environment – Regulatory.
The following practice areas and attorneys were recognized in The Legal 500 United States 2017 guide:
- Dispute Resolution – Corporate Investigations and White-Collar Criminal Defense: Alan J. Brudner, Nadira Clarke, Glen Donath, Scott A. Resnik, Michael M. Rosensaft, Gil M. Soffer, and Sheldon T. Zenner
- Dispute Resolution – Financial Services – Litigation: David C. Bohan, Christian T. Kemnitz, and Peter G. Wilson
- Dispute Resolution – Securities Litigation – Defense: Michael Diver, Christian Kemnitz, Bruce Vanyo, and Jason Vigna
- Finance – Asset Finance and Leasing: Jane M. Cavanaugh, Tom Healey, Stewart B. Herman, and Timothy J. Lynes
- Finance – Commercial Lending: Michael A. Jacobson, Kristopher J. Ring, Neil G. Shelton, and Jennifer I. Wolfe
- Finance – Restructuring (including Bankruptcy) – Corporate: Craig A. Barbarosh, Paige E. Barr, David A. Crichlow, Karen B. Dine, Peter A. Siddiqui, and John P. Sieger
- Finance – Structured Finance: Chris DiAngelo, Stephen B. Esko, Brandon D. Hadley, Anna-Liza B. Harris, John Keiserman, Howard Schickler, Joseph Topolski, and Joshua J. Yablonski
- Industry Focus – Environment – Litigation: Lily N. Chinn, Nadira Clarke, Greg Dillard, Mark L. Farley, and Steven P. Solow
- Industry Focus - Environment – Regulatory: Nadira Clarke, Scott A. Elliott, Ben Patton, Steven P. Solow, and Danny G. Worrell
- Industry Focus – Healthcare – Service Providers: D. Louis Glaser, Christopher M. Locke, Laura Keidan Martin, and Joseph V. Willey
- Industry Focus – Sport: Adam R. Klein
- Intellectual Property – Copyright: David Halberstadter, Floyd A. Mandell, and Joel R. Weiner
- Intellectual Property – Trademarks – Litigation: Kristin J. Achterhof, Karen Artz Ash, Roger P. Furey, and Floyd A. Mandell
- Investment Fund Formation and Management – Alternative/Hedge Funds: Henry Bregstein, Wendy E. Cohen, Ricardo J. Hollingsworth, Fred M. Santo, Allison C. Yacker, and Lance A. Zinman
- M&A/Corporate and Commercial – M&A – Middle-Market (sub-$500m): Stephen Antion, Russell Black, Matthew Brown, Farzad F. Damania, Harris R. Eisenberg, Mark R. Grossmann, Christopher M. Locke, Mara Glaser McCahan, Jeffrey R. Patt, Daniel H. Peters, and Kimberly Smith
- M&A/Corporate and Commercial – Private Equity Buyouts: Kenneth Miller, Saul E. Rudo, and Kimberly T. Smith
- Media, Technology and Telecoms – Media and Entertainment: Susan A. Grode, David Halberstadter, Michael S. Hobel, Zia F. Modabber, and Joel R. Weiner
- Real Estate: David J. Bryant, David R. Dlugie, Christine N. Fitzgerald, Daniel S. Huffenus, Kenneth M. Jacobson, Andrew L. Jagoda, Kenneth G. Lore, Scott M. Vetri, and Benzion J. Westreich
- Tax - US Taxes - Non-Contentious: Valentina Famparska, Anna-Liza B. Harris, and Saul E. Rudo
The Legal 500 Series is widely acknowledged as the world's largest legal referral guide. More than 250,000 corporate counsel have been surveyed and interviewed globally in the past 12 months. The Legal 500 is an independent guide, and firms and individuals are recommended purely on merit. The Legal 500 Series' analysis of law firm capabilities extends to 107 jurisdictions worldwide.