(CHICAGO) Katten announced today that 77 attorneys were named to the 2022 edition of the Chambers USA guide. The firm also received recognition as a leader in 32 practice areas.
Katten's highest rankings were in the categories of Bankruptcy/Restructuring; Healthcare; Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets; Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations; Real Estate; and Real Estate: Finance.
Eleven attorneys received the highest individual rankings possible in their respective fields: Michael R. Callahan (Healthcare), Chris DiAngelo (Capital Markets: Securitisation: ABS, RMBS), Lisa Atlas Genecov (Healthcare), J. Hayden Harrell (Real Estate: Finance), Anna-Liza B. Harris (Capital Markets: Securitization - Tax), Daniel S. Huffenus (Real Estate: Finance), Alvin Katz (Real Estate), Adam Klein (Sports Law), Floyd A. Mandell (Intellectual Property), Laura Keidan Martin (Healthcare) and Kenya S. Woodruff (Healthcare).
The firm held its national rankings in the following categories: Banking & Finance; Bankruptcy/Restructuring; Capital Markets: Securitization: ABS; Capital Markets: Securitization: RMBS; Derivatives; Healthcare; Hedge Funds; Real Estate; Sports Law; Startups & Emerging Companies; and Transportation: Aviation: Finance.
In addition, the firm was recognized in the following areas: Corporate/M&A & Private Equity; Corporate/M&A; Intellectual Property; Intellectual Property: Litigation; Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets; Litigation: General Commercial; Litigation: Securities; Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations; Media & Entertainment: Litigation; Real Estate: Finance; Real Estate: Mainly Corporate & Finance; and Tax.
Additionally, the firm had six partners debut in this year's guide: Geoff AuYeung (Banking and Finance), Alan J. Brudner (Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations), Barrett Howell (Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations), Zia Modabber (Media & Entertainment: Litigation), Deepro Mukerjee (Intellectual Property: Patent) and Richard Zelichov (Litigation: Securities). Counsel Carolyn Passen (Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets) was named to the Up and Coming table, while associates Vinny Baumann (Real Estate) and Fabiola Valenzuela (Startups & Emerging Companies) were selected for the Associates to Watch list.
The Katten attorneys individually recognized are:
- Banking & Finance – Geoff AuYeung, Michael A. Jacobson, Derek F. Ladgenski, Glen Lim, Scott E. Lyons, Neil G. Shelton, Stuart P. Shulruff, Jennifer I. Wolfe
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring – Craig A. Barbarosh, William B. Freeman, Peter P. Knight, John E. Mitchell, Steven J. Reisman, Peter A. Siddiqui
- Capital Markets: Securitization – Chris DiAngelo (ABS; RMBS), Stephen B. Esko (CMBS), Anna-Liza B. Harris (Tax), Howard Schickler (ABS), Joseph P. Topolski (ABS)
- Corporate/M&A – Mark R. Grossmann (Private Equity), Kimberly T. Smith (Private Equity), Mark S. Solomon, Walter S. Weinberg (Private Equity)
- Derivatives and Derivatives: Mainly Regulatory – Gary DeWaal, Kevin M. Foley, Carl E. Kennedy
- Environment: Litigation – Nancy J. Rich
- Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance (Litigation) – Stuart M. Richter
- Healthcare – Michelle Apodaca, Michael R. Callahan, W. Kenneth Davis, Jr., Lisa Atlas Genecov, D. Louis Glaser, Laura Keidan Martin, Joseph V. Willey, Kenya S. Woodruff
- Hedge Funds – Henry Bregstein, Allison C. Yacker
- Intellectual Property: Patent – Deepro Mukerjee
- Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets – Kristin J. Achterhof, Floyd A. Mandell, Carolyn Passen
- Litigation: Securities – Michael J. Diver, Bruce G. Vanyo, Richard Zelichov
- Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations – Alan J. Brudner, Daniel J. Collins, Brandon McCarthy, Barrett Howell, Scott Resnik, Gil M. Soffer, Sheldon T. Zenner
- Media and Entertainment – David Halberstadter (Litigation), Michael S. Hobel (Transactional), Zia Modabber (Litigation), Joel R. Weiner (Litigation)
- Real Estate – Frank E. Arado (Finance), Vinny Baumann, David R. Dlugie, J. Hayden Harrell (Finance), Daniel S. Huffenus (Finance), Alvin Katz, Kenneth G. Lore, Mark C. Simon, Jason M. Vismantas
- Sports Law – Adam R. Klein
- Startups & Emerging Companies – Matthew S. Brown, Jeffrey R. Patt, Fabiola Valenzuela
- Tax – Valentina Famparska, Saul E. Rudo
- Transportation Aviation: Finance – Timothy J. Lynes