About Lisa Prather
Lisa Prather focuses her practice on health care regulatory and compliance matters. She also handles mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and other health care industry-related special projects.
Advising clients on how to stay ahead of complicated compliance regulations
Lisa's clients are from diverse sectors of the health industry. These include hospital systems, physician groups, pharmacies and other professionals. Lisa assists her clients in meeting their business goals while navigating the increasingly complex health care regulatory environment. Her unique background of working at a Fortune 500 company, a nationwide hospital system and law firms, combined with her experience in federal and state health care law compliance, enables Lisa to offer her clients an exceptional level of assistance and support. This includes advice on everything from HIPAA, the Stark Law and the Anti-Kickback Statute to state corporate practice of medicine doctrines and licensing board rules and regulations for health care providers.
Immediately prior to joining Katten, Lisa served as deputy general counsel to a nationwide system of hospitals and physician group practices. In this role, she oversaw operational, regulatory and compliance, transactional and corporate governance matters for the system's southwest region.
- Corporate governance
- Health care regulatory and compliance
- Health care transactions
- Health care information privacy and security
- Pharmaceutical and life sciences
- Provided compliance review and advice regarding more than 1,200 contracts for a group of ambulatory surgery centers and hospitals. *
- Counseled investors and operators in the formation of 5.01(a)-type nonprofit health care organizations. *
- Provided health care regulatory advice for an acquisition that was later recognized as one of Dallas’ top health care deals of 2018. *
- Assisted a Dallas-based operator of freestanding emergency departments in acquiring additional freestanding emergency departments across the state. *
- Provided HIPAA compliance advice and training for hospitals, clinics, laboratories, pharmacies, and other health care providers and business associates. *
April 16, 2021
May 8, 2020
Presentations and Events
July 15, 2020
Health Law Sections of Dallas and Austin Bar AssociationsCo-Presenter | The Stark Law and Certain Trending Arrangements: What to Know When Analyzing Lithotripsy, Neuromonitoring, and Pathology ArrangementsNovember 2017