About Michael J. Chiusano
Named a Texas Rising Star two years in a row by Super Lawyers, Michael Chiusano represents his clients in complex commercial litigation and business disputes. His practice is diverse, encompassing consumer-class-action-defense, corporate, energy, healthcare, agricultural, employment, and intellectual-property litigation.
A rising star in complex commercial litigation
As one client told U.S. News & World Report for its Best Law Firms list, Michael, like one of his Katten partners, is focused on the client’s best interests and gives 100 percent all the time. The client said, “Michael Chiusano is an up-and-coming litigator who works with David [Crichlow] and who has the same attitude and commitment. They make a great team.”
Before commercial litigation, Michael focused on mergers-and-acquisition litigation. He is equipped to counsel corporate and litigation clients regarding all phases of the significant asset purchase or sale, including drafting and interpreting purchasing agreements, evaluating risk, preserving privilege during due diligence, investigating potential claims, making pre-suit indemnity demands, pursuing alternatives to litigation, and pursuing contract, common-law and fraud-based claims on behalf of buyers and sellers alike.
- Obtained over $520 million in settlement money on behalf of a Global Fortune 500 Company over a three-year period in confidential arbitration proceedings involving force-majeure and efficient-breach issues.
- Obtained complete dismissal for lack of personal jurisdiction on behalf of a client following oral argument before a judge in the United States District Court of the Northern District of Texas.
- Following a three-hour evidentiary hearing obtained a temporary injunction on behalf of a client and real estate investment firm to stop a lender’s foreclosure on a multi-million-dollar apartment complex that the Firm’s client intended to purchase.
- Following a two-hour evidentiary hearing obtained a temporary injunction on behalf of a client and medical-service provider to cease a medical-billing company’s theft of confidential patient information.
- On behalf of a private-equity firm and purchaser of the division of a company, assisted a multi-state and multi-disciplinary team of lawyers in prosecuting fraud claims against the seller in Delaware Superior Court that resulted in the private-equity firm receiving a settlement exceeding $45 million.
May 26, 2022
February 8, 2021
October 30, 2020
October 19, 2020
March 6, 2020
September 3, 2019
March 12, 2019
September 6, 2018
May 4, 2018
- View All News