About Scott C. Cutrow
Scott Cutrow focuses his practice on entertainment, media and intellectual property issues. He has experience negotiating film, television and new media development, production and distribution agreements, as well as counseling clients regarding complex entertainment finance transactions, employment contracts and talent agreements for film, television and digital media.
Creating adaptable agreements for an ever-changing industry
While Scott's practice is focused on film and television, his diverse experience allows him to counsel clients in an array of different entertainment transactions. Whatever the situation, Scott is aware that, in the entertainment business, clients will interact with the same people and organizations multiple times. For that reason, he is always ready to balance aggressive representation with fair and pragmatic dealmaking. He knows that is how to make deals today that can lead to even bigger deals tomorrow.
In addition to drafting and negotiating entertainment and media agreements, Scott provides overviews of the current entertainment landscape to clients looking to assess industry trends. Further, he advises entertainment and media clients regarding corporate transactions and joint ventures.
During law school, Scott was an editor for the UCLA Law Review and served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Presiding Justice Dennis M. Perluss of the California Court of Appeal. Scott graduated from the UCLA School of Law with a specialization in Entertainment, Media and Intellectual Property Law.
- Entertainment and media
- Entertainment and media transactions
- Represented major television production company in the revival of a major reality competition series.
- Represent national pay television network in motion picture and series finance, production and licensing matters.
- Represent major subscription video on demand service in series finance, production and distribution matters.
- Represent domestic arm of international animation production and distribution company.
- Represent major multichannel video programming distributor in video-on-demand distribution.
- Represent video game company in development, production and exploitation matters.
- Represent major independent film and television production company in licensing original programming to a leading streaming service.
- Represent major television syndication company in television series business.
- Represent national basic cable network in numerous development, production and licensing matters.
- Represent independent film and television production company in series production agreements and negotiation of a development, production and financing joint venture with a foreign distributor.
- Represent major pay television network in financing and output agreement with a major independent production company.
October 28, 2020
April 17, 2019
November 23, 2015
January 30, 2015
Presentations and Events
February 23-25, 2022