Two Katten attorneys will participate in The Deal Economy 2022: Predictions and Perspectives conference on Thursday, June 2. Kim Smith, global chair of Katten's Corporate department, will moderate "The State of the Market: The Boom Continues" at 8:35 a.m. Panelists will discuss topics such as:
- How long can the M&A boom continue?
- What sectors should opportunistic dealmakers have on their radar?
- Predictions on valuations and interest rates
- We're not in a "post-Covid" world yet: What headwinds may the market see for the remainder of 2022?
- Using digitally enabled, virtual, and hybrid management strategies to enhance the M&A process
- What type of insurance and risk mitigation strategies are being established to protect all parties in the deal?
- Will cross-border M&A increase as the pandemic eases around the globe?
- Will we see the return of the mega-deal?
- What role will M&A play in the overall global economic recovery?
At 9:20 a.m., Corporate partner David Kravitz will serve as a panelist in the "Private Equity: Adapting to an Increasingly Competitive Environment" discussion, covering topics including:
- How have PE firms adapted to a market where increased competition, speed, certainty and sky-high valuations are the new normal?
- How are private equity investors using partnerships, co-investing and structured equity investments to remain flexible and creative?
- Strategy Trends: Using longer-term flexibility, buy-and-build, earnouts, and "no indemnity" deals
- Exploring the pressure points that are moving forward, or holding back the industry as a whole
- How have investor expectations changed? Are LP concerns around ESG shaping investment strategies?
- Are LP's investment decisions impacted by the PE firms own internal ESG initiatives?
- Will PE look for opportunities in public-to-private transactions?
- Representations and warranty insurance and limited indemnification provisions