Jill Darrow, head of the New York Tax Planning practice, will participate in a panel discussion at the 17th Annual Effective Hedge Fund Tax Practices conference. Jill will speak at the "Handling Issues Relative to Inbound Tax Matters" panel on Friday, November 13 at 10:00 a.m. (ET). The panel will discuss the following topics:
- identifying effectively connected income;
- complying with the reporting obligations for effectively connected income;
- withholding on dividend and interest;
- the portfolio interest exception;
- sovereign wealth fund considerations;
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act withholding obligations; and
- Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act of 1980 considerations.
For more information, click here.