Joshua Rubenstein, national head of the firm's Trusts and Estates practice, will present "Heads I Win, Tails You Lose: Advising the Wealthy in Times of Protracted and Unprecedented Political, Economic, Cultural and Scientific Change" at 9:15 a.m. (GMT+8) on Thursday, December 7. The session will involve observations on how difficult it has become to do estate planning and wealth preservation for clients when the rules change constantly. It will cover:
- tax changes here and abroad (as they impact one another);
- enforcement changes leading to FATCA;
- changes in access to information;
- changes in the nature of families; and
- changes in the frequency of intra-family litigation.
It will then review what changes are likely in transition, which will return to "normal," and which changes are here to stay— and how best to advise in the meantime.