Two Katten attorneys will participate in the 23rd Annual ABS East Conference. Chris DiAngelo, managing partner of Katten's New York office, will speak on the "What's the Latest in GSE Reform?" panel at 11:20 a.m. (ET) on Monday, September 18. The session will address such questions as:
- What is the path that gets us to a true private market?
- Is there really a need for a private market?
- What are the various proposals?
At 1:30 p.m. (ET) on Tuesday, September 19, Structured Finance and Securitization partner Claudine Chen-Young will speak on the "Mortgage Servicing Rights: State of the Industry" panel. Participants will discuss topics such as:
- key risks in MSR investing;
- state of the industry, regulatory pressures, capital and profitability;
- future fed tightening—what would be the industry impact;
- increasing your revenue: what are your best options today;
- what the US Treasury Department and other federal regulators are doing; and
- what's on the horizon.