Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP will host a roundtable discussion on the best practices for planning and implementing a reduction in force in the current economic climate, including both legal and practical considerations.
Discussion topics will include:
- Laying the foundation for a future reduction in force
- Implementing and reviewing your selection process
- Utilizing releases to minimize liability
- Communicating the reduction in force to affected employees and the remaining workforce
- Evaluating associated legal issues, including plant closing laws, enforcement of restrictive covenants and employee benefits