Partner Roger Furey will moderate, and Associate Matthew Fischer will speak as a panelist on "How to Write a "CYT" Social Media Policy: Tips to Cover Your Tweets" at 12:30 p.m. on Thursday, September 23. Other panelists include Rebecca Clar, Assistant General Counsel of Employment Law at AOL, and Regina Thomas, Assistant General Counsel of Intellectual Property at AOL.
The program will help attendees build a policy covering a range of issues, including IP preservation, FTC compliance and employment law, through the social media lens. Topics that will be discussed include:
- What risks and benefits should I consider before developing a policy?
- How can I protect my company's brand on these sites?
- Did the Second Circuit make the DMCA the DMTA?
- Am I responsible for the product endorsements of bloggers?
- Should/can I monitor my employees' or applicants' social media habits?