Partner Joshua Rubenstein will speak on "How Are External Influences Affecting Our Approach to Tax Planning?" at the International Wealth Advisors Forum.
Topics that will be discussed at the presentation include:
- Tax policy around the world - is there a social element or is it just about raising money?
- Tax competition - which jurisdictions are actively using tax as a strategy for retaining talent and attracting new talent?
- What is unacceptable tax avoidance - what approach are revenue authorities around the world taking to legal but aggressive or artificial tax mitigation strategies?
- The criminal element - what may appear to be perfectly acceptable tax planning one day might be viewed as criminal activity the next day as attitudes change. How do private client advisers mitigate these risks whilst at the same time achieving the best result for their clients?
- Which structures best navigate these minefields?