On February 9, 2012, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission rescinded its Rule 4.13(a)(4), historically one of the most widely used exemptions from registration as a commodity pool operator (CPO), especially for non-US fund managers. CFTC Chairman Gary Gensler has stated, "it is critical to bring...[US and foreign managers] back into the light," so that investors can benefit from the CFTC's oversight.
Katten will address the following questions at its Breakfast Seminar on February 28:
- Who is affected by the rescission of CFTC Rule 4.13(a)(4)?
- Are any other exemptions from CPO registration available?
- What does registration as a CPO require?
- When will registration and full compliance be required?
- What compliance obligations apply to a registered CPO?
- Is there any form of exemptive relief for a registered CPO?
- What is Form CPO-PQR?
Limited places are available and the seminar will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
Click here to register.
For further information, please contact Wai-Lan Cheung at +44(0) 20 7776 7628.