This article analyzes US Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Jay Clayton's regulatory agenda for the coming year. Clayton published a speech on December 6, which seeks to keep the SEC's regulatory agenda short and keenly focused. Agenda topics for the coming year include:
- Regulation Best Interest;
- proxy process reform;
- greater scrutiny for fixed income markets;
- clarification for capital formation regulations;
- continued quarterly reporting; and
- monitoring risks associated with Brexit, Libor and cybersecurity.