Two Katten attorneys will participate in the ABA's Business Law Section Derivatives & Futures Law Committee Winter Meeting on January 24–26. Nathaniel Lalone will participate in the "International Developments" panel at 11:30 a.m. on Friday, January 25. Panelists will discuss the latest international developments, including:
- cross-border supervisory cooperation (CFTC White Paper, EU equivalence, US/UK Working Group)
- transition to new risk-free rates and benchmark reform;
- Brexit; and
- supervision of cryptoassets, venues and distributed ledger technology generally.
On Saturday, January 26, Futures and Derivatives counsel Guy Dempsey will participate in the "Ethics" panel at 8:30 a.m. The panel will discuss ethical developments that may change the way we practice law, including:
- whistleblowers post-employment;
- legal privilege for attorneys in Compliance;
- role of SROs vs "government actors"; and
- obligations of defense counsel if a client provides false or misleading testimony to regulators.
For more information, click here.