Katten attorneys Wendy Cohen, Gary DeWaal and Doron Goldstein will participate in a panel discussion on "Cybersecurity: Anticipate and Manage the Unlikely Scenario" on Thursday, November 19 at 12:00 p.m. (ET). The panelists will explore strategies on how to help keep client and proprietary data secure and how to best limit liability in the event of a cybersecurity break-in. Discussion topics will include:
- elements of an effective assessment of internal and external cybersecurity threats;
- developing appropriate policies and procedures;
- cybersecurity evaluation of third-party service providers;
- securing staff and client buy-in through training and education; and
- limiting the damage: reporting, responding and litigating if a breach occurs.