Lily Chinn, San Francisco Bay Area office managing partner, will co-present the "Defending Against Citizen Suits Under Environmental Laws" webinar on Wednesday, July 13 at 10:00 a.m. (PT). The webinar will explore the unique requirements for and defenses to citizen enforcement actions brought under federal environmental statutes such as the Clean Water Act (CWA), the Clean Air Act (CAA), the Endangered Species Act (ESA), the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA).
Topics will include:
- defense strategies to avoid litigation during the notice period;
- using substantive motions focused on notice, standing, mootness, statute of limitations, the diligent prosecution bar and factual defenses to defeat suits;
- how to neutralize citizen suit fee shifting provisions through FRCP 68 offers of judgment;
- settling with state or federal agencies in order to bar citizen suits; and
- developing proactive procedures and policies so clients can reduce the risks of citizen suits.
For more information and to register, click here.