About Derek E. Dittner
Derek Dittner represents large financial institutions on all aspects of the purchase, sale, leasing, operation and property management of corporate real estate portfolios. His work allows his clients to expand their operations, shed unnecessary properties, maximize utilization, resolve disputes, mitigate risks and continue business operations within existing facilities so their employees are able to seamlessly accomplish organizational goals and maintain day-to-day operations. Derek offers practical, collaborative and timely business solutions that facilitate his clients' enterprise real estate objectives.
In-house insight on real estate transactions
served as in-house counsel for a large financial institution for seven years before joining Katten. He understands internal processes, reputational risk analyses, compliance issues, enterprise goals and risk appetite, and line of business methodology and requirements. Derek facilitates transactional business objectives and solutions via real estate purchase and sale agreements, leases, licenses, amendments, agreements and SNDAs. He reviews and analyzes easements, plats, restrictive covenants, exclusives, signage and access matters and he resolves title, survey and environmental issues. He advises on compliance, risk mitigation and reputational risk matters, and landlord/tenant and property management disputes.
- Real estate due diligence, easements and restrictive covenants
- Signage, parking and access issues and critical technology infrastructure
- Purchase and sale agreements and retail, office, ATM and data center leasing, subleasing and licensing
- Expansion, contraction, consolidation, construction agreements and negotiation surrender obligations and settlement agreements
- Reputational risk analysis and landlord/tenant disputes, property management and vendor issues