Katten will host the "Developments in Proprietary Trading: Cross-Border Comparison of US and European Regulatory Initiatives" panel discussion at 3:30 p.m. (CT) on Tuesday, April 28. The program will address regulatory developments in the United States and the European Union that will affect proprietary trading firms as well as brokers and other traders. Katten's US and UK attorneys will focus on recent initiatives by regulators in Europe (e.g., EMIR, MiFID, MiFIR and AIFMD) and compare the European approach to the policies adopted by US regulators such as the CFTC, the SEC and FINRA.
Panel Discussion Topics
- MiFID II and German HFT Trading Law
- EU Cross-Border Passporting
- Obligations for Proprietary Firms Accessing Execution Facilities (Exchanges, SEFs, MTFs, OTFs)
- Registration and Licensing Requirements
- Anti-Manipulation and Market Disruption Rules and Proposals
- Corporate and Tax Structuring
To register, click here.