About Eric T. Haitz
Eric T. Haitz is an Insolvency and Restructuring associate in the firm's Houston office. His practice includes representing companies and financial institutions in complex business restructurings, Chapter 11 proceedings, and related adversary proceedings.
Solutions tailored to the business realities of clients and their counterparties
Eric assesses the operational and financial realities of various stakeholders to deliver tailored legal services to clients facing insolvency or insolvent counterparties. His practice focuses on representing debtors, official Chapter 11 committees, secured and unsecured creditors, equity holders, and purchasers acquiring distressed assets. Eric also has considerable experience advising clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions, take private transactions, and general corporate governance matters.
Eric Haitz also devotes considerable time to various pro bono representations, including asylum petitions, VAWA petitions, u-visa applications and matters related to veterans' benefits.
- Insolvency and restructuring
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Represented Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in a section 363 sale and chapter 11 proceeding, including the purchase of business units and order backlogs in excess of $850 million in the Middle East, Africa, Southeast Asia and the United States. *
- Represented publicly traded research company in a contemplated prepackaged chapter 11 plan of reorganization. *
- Represented publicly traded midstream limited partnership in a merger and subsequent take-private transaction with its private equity sponsor. *
- Represented international restaurant franchisor in connection with restaurants operated by distressed franchisees. *
- Represented publicly traded oil and gas exploration company in a debt-for-equity swap of approximately $100 million of senior secured second lien notes. *
- Represented various publicly traded companies in connection with SEC regulatory and disclosure requirements, FINRA investigations, and other corporate governance matters. *
- Represented underwriters for Berry Petroleum Corp. public offering. *
- Represented a Texas-based oil and gas acquisition and development company in connection with required CFIUS approval for $2 billion acquisition of Utica Shale oil and gas assets. *
- Represented a leading midstream provider in its $435 million acquisition of midstream assets in Oklahoma from Velocity Midstream Partners. *
- Represented senior secured lender in obtaining consensual terms of debt restructuring in a chapter 11 plan. *