Katten will host the "Funds 101" program at 9:00 a.m. (ET) on Thursday, March 2. Henry Bregstein, global co-chair of the firm’s Financial Services practice, Wendy Cohen, co-chair of the New York Financial Services group, and Jack Governale, a partner in the New York Financial Services practice, will serve as panelists. The program will cover such questions as:
- What is the regulatory framework that applies to the creation, offer and sale of a fund?
- Hedge funds versus private equity funds–what are the differences?
- What are the most common fund structures and why?
- What are the material documents related to a fund offering?
- What are the material terms of a fund offering?
- What are the key tax issues?
- How do I stay on top of recent trends?