Katten will present the “Generating Investment and Societal Alpha Through ESG and Impact Investing” webinar at 12:00 p.m. (ET) on Wednesday, June 17. Allison Yacker, co-chair of Katten’s Investment Management and Funds practice, will moderate the discussion, which will include Katten’s Alternative Products practice chair Henry Bregstein, Managing Director and Head of Due Diligence for the Chief Investment Officer at Bank of America Corporation Anna Snider, Head of Impact Investments at Avenue Capital Group John Larkin, Founding Partner of Atlas Impact Partners Robert Brown, and Managing Partner of Tideline Advisors Ben Thornley. They will discuss the opportunity to build a portfolio with effective ESG and impact investing, with topics including:
- Does the incorporation of ESG analysis help to defend against “tail risk”?
- Distinguishing impact investing from “sustainable,” “responsible” and “ESG” investing
- Impact investing as value enhancing — the end of the negative tradeoff paradigm?
- How to get started in ESG and impact investing: what is the nature of the investable universe — from publicly listed equities to private infrastructure debt
- ESG and impact measurement and management: guidelines for implementing a system to measure and monitor ESG performance
- The pitfalls of employing ESG principals — what are they and how can we avoid them?