Joshua Rubenstein, national head of the firm's Trusts and Estates practice and national chair of the Private Client Services group, will present "Heads I Win, Tails You Lose: Advising the Wealthy in Times of Protracted and Unprecedented Political, Economic, Cultural and Scientific Change" on Wednesday, September 7 at 9:00 a.m. Josh will provide observations on how difficult it has become to do estate planning and wealth preservation for clients when the rules change constantly. Additional discussion topics include:
- tax changes here and abroad;
- enforcement changes leading to the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA);
- changes in access to information;
- changes in the nature of families;
- changes in the frequency of intra-family litigation; and
- a review of what changes are likely in transition, which will return to "normal," and which changes are here to stay—and how best to advise in the meantime.
For more information, click here.